New site is open at http://www.byheart.nm.ru!
ByHeart Repository is a great place to visit if you use ByHeart. All ByHeart vocabularies and other materials are available there for browsing and downloading "a la carte".
Alternatively you can obtain vocabularies in other ways.
A lot of vocabularies are assembled into option packs, which are available for downloading.
3 option packs have been released for now.
The list of the vocabularies they contain can be viewed on the separate page.
The most recently submitted vocabularies are listed below.
In addition, the registered users can download a set of comprehensive vocabularies.
- eng2tur.zip (48K) Turkish - English vocabulary with 2000+ words. Compiled by Abdullah.
- dut2eng1.zip (30K) English - Dutch vocabulary. Compiled by Michael Edwin Forde (UK).
- cze2rus.zip (17K) Russian - Czech vocabulary. 1000 most useful words.
- en2ruphr.zip (32.4K) 3 English - Russian vocabularies with phrases. Compiled by Alexander.
- A good deal of vocabularies from Robert Bassford:
- g2e_bsns.zip (26K) The English - German vocabulary on EuroBusiness, compiled by Josef Fehrer (Austria).
- eng2cz13.zip (14K) 13 useful English - Czech vocabularies, compiled by Petr Slameny.
- rus2spa3.zip (131K) The Russian - Spanish vocabulary with approximately 10000 words. Compiled by Sergey Goncharov.
- rus2spa2.zip (20K) The Russian - Spanish welldefined vocabulary.
- eso2eng.zip (5K) The Esperanto - English vocabulary.
- eng2fin.zip (10K) A template of English - Finnish vocabulary autogenerated in ByHeart by blending English-Russian and Russian-Finnish vocabularies.
- sp2rucon.zip (1K) An example of the vocabulary for learning conjugations of verbs. This one uses Spanish-Russian language pair and is intended for running 'Keywords' or 'Phrases' learning mode after loading into ByHeart.
- li2ru7.zip (126K) The Lithuanian - Russian vocabulary on approximately 7000 words. Compiled by Andrej Denisov.
- li2ru18.zip (330K) The Lithuanian - Russian vocabulary with 18000 words. Compiled by Jurij Vinokurov.
- eng2cz.zip (17K) The English - Czech vocabulary with 1200 words. Compiled by Petr Slameny.
- pali2cz.zip (45K) The Pali - Czech vocabulary by Petr Slameny. Pali is an ancient Indian language, the language of buddhist canon Tipitaka. The ZIP contains Pali font which should be installed and selected as a work font within ByHeart in order to view Pali characters properly.
ByHeart interface can be easily translated into almost arbitrary language. The distribution kit contains the sets of strings for interface in English and Russian, as well as a demo set (with partial translation) in German.
In addition to them, the following sets of strings are also available:
In order to install an additional interface you should:
- Spanish interface (bhlocspa.zip, 13K), translated by Santiago Cortina;
- Catalan interface (bhloccat.zip, 13K), translated by Santiago Cortina;
- Czech interface (bhloccze.zip, 14K), thanks to its author Petr Slameny;
- Ukrainian interface (bhlocukr.zip, 14K) , translated by Serhiy Sotnik;
- Lithuanian interface (bhloclit.zip, 13K) , prepared by Rimantas Balcaitis.
- download one of abovementioned zip-files that you need;
- unzip it into ByHeart work directory;
- open Options Dialog;
- switch to Interface tab;
- choose the included bhloc***.ini file from the list of available sets and press Apply button.
Learning through a singing
15 december 1998 a new product, namely ByHeart Karaoke, has been released.
In order to find out what is it and how it can help you in learning foreign languages, you can visit the ByHeart Karaoke page.
Sound bridge for Lingvo 5.0 and 6.0
Sound bridge for Lingvo 5.0 and 6.0 enables you to listen to pronunciation of english words from the Lingvo sound vocabulary within ByHeart.
Vocabularies for Tutor
Tutor is yet another useful program for learning foreign languages. The Tutor's author,
Daniel Green, gave me a kind permission to include his English-German dictionary into ByHeart
distribution kit. Also ByHeart uses an enhanced learning method based on the original one
developed by Daniel for Tutor, and allows a user to load and save vocabularies of Tutor format.
You can visit Tutor home page at http://www.superliminal.com/tutor/tutor.htm
and check it for some interesting dictionaries. Maybe you will find that Tutor itself is worth to be